The site, comprising three acres of magnificent deodar cedar forest, is about 2000 meters high in the Dhauladar range in the Himalayas of Northern India.
The centre is located adjacent to Dharamkot village, above McLeodganj (Upper Dharamsala) in the indian state of Himachal Pradesh.
Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/o8jnMihniwbB25pi9
Dharamkot can be reached from Mcleodganj main square by taxi, by auto-rickshaw or by a steep uphill 1.5km walk.
- The nearest train station is Pathankot and Pathankot Cantt on the Jammu Tawi line. It is approximately 90 Km (3 hours) from the centre.
- You can take a regular state run bus between Pathankot Main Bus Stand and Dharamsala or McLeodGanj.
- Ordinary bus fare is approx. Rs. 150-200 till Dharamshala. Volvo bus fare is approx. Rs. 350**.
- Taxis may also be hired from the Taxi Union at a fixed rate of approximately Rs. 3000** to the centre.
Bus From Delhi: Daily Volvo buses run from Delhi.
Himachal Pradesh Government deluxe and regular buses depart from ISBT (Interstate bus terminal), Kashmiri Gate, in the evening, arriving in McLeodganj the following morning. Advance booking can be made at ISBT or at HRTC website http://www.hp.gov.in/hrtctickets/
Private buses depart from Paharganj and Majnu Ka Tilla in the evening and arrive in McLeodganj the following morning around 7am.
Bus from other places: There are direct buses connecting Dharamsala with several big cities in northern India like Amritsar, Manali, Rishikesh, Dehradun, Chandigarh, Mandi, Shimla and others.
Road distances from main northern indian cities:
- Delhi (570km,13hrs)
- The nearest airport is Gaggal Airport, Dharamshala. It is around 20 Kms (45-50 mins) from the centre.
- There are connecting flights from Delhi Airport to Gaggal.
- From airport you can book pre-paid taxi (Approx. Rs.900**) to the centre.
** All fares are approximate and subject to change. We may be late in updating them.